Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, it is advised to not make social plans for the same day.
- Avoid Alcohol before the treatment.
- Avoid Botox and anti-aging injections, 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking aspirin/ibuprofen before the treatment, as it thins the blood.
- Avoid tanning so I can assess your natural skin tone.
- No chemical peels at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- No waxing or threading 48 hours before.
- You have to be off Accutane for a year.
- If you tint your brows do it one day prior treatment
- Microblading will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
All permanent cosmetic procedures can be a multi-session process. You may require a touch up visit after 4-8 weeks after your initial appointment, if needed. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color on the first application.
Touch-up appointments should be scheduled 4-8 weeks following initial procedure. There will be an additional charge of $90.00 for the touchup, as long as it is performed within first 2 months of the initial application.
Hair strokes WILL appear crisp, darker and bold at first, but will soften up in appearance as the tissue heals. The area will shed taking some color with it, this is normal. Color will continue to soften over the next couple months. Color WILL fade/soften anywhere from 20% to 30%. At the touch up we will fine tune any area that has faded too much. Healing is specific to each client. It’s important to realize that you will need color boost every 2 years to maintain it’s fresh natural appearance. Fading will happen after each procedure. We do not have control over your bodies healing process. You may need to powered and/or pencil even after the healed results. This an enhancement to your natural brows not a permanent one.
After Care Advice
DURING THE 10-DAY HEALING PERIOD:
- Do no rub, pick or scratch the brows. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking may cause scarring.
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
- Avoid sleep on your face for the first 10 days
- Avoid direct sunlight and tanning for 2 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors
- Avoid the hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid topical make up including sunscreen on the area
- No anti-aging creams on the brow area
- Do not use petroleum jelly or Vaseline during your healing processes, it can cause scabbing and sweating and also prevents the skin from breathing.
- Avoid getting eyebrows wet or soaked in water
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least for 3 weeks after.
- Leave brow area alone and let them heal totally for at least 10 days.
- Botox should be performed 2 weeks after the procedure.
Everyone’s skin heals differently and most clients develop patchy areas or the appearance of fading after the first treatment. .It is important to understand that this is a two part process and the second touch up treatment will complete the procedure and, after healing, you will see the finished result.
The treated area might feel a little ticklish during the first phase of recovering process, it’s important not to rub it as you might get infection into your skin. Peeling is absolutely normal during second phase recovery; avoid any sort of peeking of dry skin as you might peel out the wrong parts and create a bald spots in newly reconstructed brow.
Entire healing process will take from 4 to 6 weeks depending on your body’s regeneration, age, immune system and lifestyle. Never rub treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing process. If you get your brow wet at the beginning of recovery, simply dry it with tissue. The way you take care of your new brow after Microblading will have a great impact on the way it looks. Improper care often results in fading or patchy brow.
Note because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period brow might appear lighter than original. Often even with proper care, customers develop bald spots or loose original hair strokes which makes brows looks uneven. It’s absolutely normal because your natural skin regeneration is not a process that the technician can control. That’s why most customers need a touch up after 1 month to assure the brows are perfect even and desired effect was achieved.